Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Levain Bakery




I have something to admit, I lied. I wrote about Magnolia Bakery a couple posts ago and I said it could be my favorite desert place in New York.



I lied. I have a new favorite and this one, well, is just undeniable perfection.

Warm, gooey, with a good crunch on the outside, everything a cookie should be, and um, not to mention HUGE. You can tell that the Levain Bakery has spent a serious amount of time mastering their recipe.


I first learned about them from Jef and later on Throwdown with Bobby Flay (of course...in case you haven't noticed this is often where I find my material) and this weekend presented itself with the perfect opportunity. A blustery cold day calls for one thing -- a warm cookie :)


This tiny bakery tucked off of Amsterdam on the Upper West Side, just lends itself to being loved. There are 4 varieties of cookies, Chocolate Chip Walnut, Oatmeal Raisin, Dark Chocolate Chocolate Chip, and Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter all for $3.75. I went with the obvious choice of chocolate chip, and couldn't have been happier.


I will say this though, I honestly couldn't get through half of the cookie they are HUGE, like giant calorie monsters. I would recommend splitting one and going back for seconds if you have to.


Move out of the way, Magnolia, when I have a sweet tooth, it's all about Levain Bakery.


Levain Bakery
167 W 74th St
New York, NY 10023
(212) 874-6080

4 comments:

  1. Whoa...you learned about these from me...give credit where credit is due...

    You are a couple of posts, where you take credit for my "discoveries", away from being a hack...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture of you and the Rabbitt! Who's the other girl? I think I"M the one who introduced you to that place...give me some credit here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog came up on my google alerts. Like the layout and some of the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Frugal NYC. I've really started to get into the photography aspect of it all.

    I've read a few posts on FrugalNYC and really enjoyt the content!

    ReplyDelete